Friday, January 18, 2013

The Keys To Winning

Having been watching basketball for as long as I can remember now, I've began to notice patterns in games; momentum swings, subtle scheme changes, and psychological switches.

Since I've began really looking at stats it seems to me there are 3 categories that carry more weight in the outcome of a game. When looking at the box score of a game, the winning teams almost always outperform their opponent in the following categories.

1. Rebounding
2. Free throws
3. Turnovers

Other categories such as FG%, assists, points in the paint, etc are able to be overcame by teams who take care of the ball, take advantage of there freebies, and hit the boards- in my estimation.

So the next time you look at a check who had more rebounds, less turnovers, and converted more efficiently at the free throw line and you will, almost always, be looking at the winning team.

No comments:

Post a Comment