Friday, February 8, 2013

Handicapping the A-10


1. This is my pic of the week


I would be really surprised if St Louis doesn't cover this game, although the Spiders have played great at home recently, I think that streak comes to an end tomorrow. 


I watched both the St Louis vs Umass(big Umass fan) and Richmond vs Umass games ... and I can tell you Jordaire Jett is a one of the best , if not the best perimeter defender in the A-10. Richmonds offense is based around shooting 3 pointers and that plays into one of St Louis's greatest strengths... 



Darien Brothers is a good player for the A-10 but STL has a NBA potential defender that will most likely matchup with him. crazier things have happened but I would be surprised if the Billikens don't cover


2. My gut tells me this game is gonna be closer than I think, but I'm taking X to cover 7.5 over Duquesne.


the Dukes, to put this nicely, have been pathetic this year... pathetic...


Although Xavier has been wildly inconsistent this year, my brain tells me they should come out firing and win this game easily


The talent level, experience and confidence are all on the side of X and they are still in the hunt for post-season action

3. even though 18 is a big line... I'm still taking La salle at home to take care of business against Fordham..

This game means a lot more to La Salle and they are really tough to keep up with. 


This game will be very dependent on how Fordham defends the perimeter and how La Salle shoots from the perimeter


your going to be able to tell what type of game this is going to be within the first 5 minutes

4. Next up, I'm taking URI at home against St. Bonnaventure


URI is coming off an 81-53 drubbing @ Umass on wednesday but that isn't indicative of how they have played this season.


Their record may be horrible but they have played most teams very close and even pulling off an insane win @ St louis (17-5 overall, 6-2 in A-10)


expect a close game either way, but I would give the edge to the Rams.

5. I'm taking Temple(+3.5) over Dayton in Ohio.

more of a feeling than anything else but from watching a little bit of both teams over the years, I would say Temple is the better coached and more talented team. 


Wyatt is a monster and I'm not sure Dayton has anyone to stop him.



6. taking Umass to cover -3 over St Joseph at the Mullins center.


I live in mass and their is a driving ban in place until further notice... 

home court advantage to be not as much of a factor, but I think Umass is simply a better team overall.

They are starting to pull it together the later in the year it gets and remember, this is a team that was 

in the final four of the NIT last year, they have an older bunch of guys and really want to make a run this year

7. and the last game I'm taking Butler to cover against GW(home)



You would probably be confused by this line if you simply looked at the records and standings, but GW has been streaking through A-10 play with wins over @Umass and home against Charlotte.



That being said, and although I do like GW to play well for the rest of the year, I don't see them sticking with this technically sound butler team.

No comments:

Post a Comment